Jan 28, 2020 by Marie Cascarano
By Brenna Fitzmaurice
Flu season is upon us! On top of getting into the swing of the spring semester, it’s time to get into habits that will keep you healthy and help you avoid getting the flu! The last thing you need is being stuck in bed as deadlines for assignments approach. Thankfully, the CDC offers some great tips on how to stay healthy during the cold months. Read about them here!
Tips to Prevent the Flu*
- Get vaccinated! It’s not too late. The Health Center in Blanton Hall offers flu shots to students at an affordable price as one of their many services.
- Remember not to get too close! Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance to help others avoid catching it.
- Cover your mouth and nose! When you sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your arm to keep others from getting sick.
- Keep your hands clean! Washing your hands with soap and warm water will protect you from germs and keep them from spreading. If water and soap aren’t available, use hand sanitizer.
- Remember not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth! People often get sick from touching something covered with germs, then touching their eyes, nose, or mouth. Keep bacteria out of your body!
- Keep your space clean! Wipe down your phone, your computer, your workspace, and any surface you often touch, especially when you or someone you know is sick. This also goes for your classrooms and workplaces!
- Practice healthy habits! Getting a good night’s sleep, eating well, drinking lots of water, and exercising will help keep your body ready to fight off sicknesses like the flu.