Be an Awesome Red Hawk!
Aug 22, 2019 by Marie Cascarano
Sharing good times with friends is great. But before you go out take a few minutes to review some tips from your fellow Red Hawks so you can come home safely. We want you to Be an Awesome Red Hawk!
Red Hawk Tips
We asked some Montclair State Red Hawks what they do before they party:
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before heading out.
- Use the buddy system. Make sure no one travels alone.
- Never leave a friend alone before, during or after the party.
- Never send a friend home alone.
- Make a plan on how you’re getting home before you go out.
- Plan a time and place to meet everyone at the end of the night in case you get separated and to be sure everyone gets home safely.
- If using a rideshare service, confirm details when your ride arrives. Use the "Share Status" or "Send ETA" option to share details of your ride with a friend.
- Always have cash on hand. Program your phone with the contact info for a reliable car service.
- Know the last train back to campus and plan an alternate way to get back if you should miss it.
- Don't leave your drink unattended or drink out of another person's cup.
- Never drink from a pre-made pitcher of alcohol and never accept a drink that you didn't see being made.
- Be careful who gives you and your friends a ride. Don’t take a ride from someone you don’t know.
- Never get into a car with a driver who has been drinking.
Remember: Montclair State University does NOT provide transportation to and/or from bars, clubs, or parties. So be sure you have a Plan A and Plan B for getting back to campus safely.