Have a Spooktacular and Safe Halloween!
Oct 30, 2018 by Marie Cascarano
Getting dressed up with your friends and going out and is a lot of fun. But before you go out take a few minutes to review some tips from your fellow Red Hawks so you can have a spooktacular and safe night.
Red Hawk Tips
We asked some Montclair State Red Hawks what they do before they party:
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before heading out.
- Use the buddy system. Make sure no one travels alone.
- Never leave a friend alone before, during or after the party.
- Never send a friend home alone.
- Make a plan on how you’re getting home before you go out.
- Plan a time and place to meet everyone at the end of the night in case you get separated and to be sure everyone gets home safely.
- Know the last train back to campus and plan an alternate way to get back if you should miss it.
- Always have cash on hand. Program your phone with the contact info for a reliable car service.
- Don't leave your drink unattended or drink out of another person's cup.
- Never drink from a pre-made pitcher of alcohol and never accept a drink that you didn't see being made.
- Be careful who gives you and your friends a ride. Don’t take a ride from someone you don’t know.
- Never get into a car with a driver who has been drinking.
Remember: Montclair State University does NOT provide transportation to and/or from bars, clubs, or parties. So be sure you have a Plan A and Plan B for getting back to campus safely.