Sleep Awareness Week
Mar 18, 2015 by Carissa Ruf
What if getting some ZZZ’s was a breeze? During Health Promotion’s Sleep Awareness Week (March 23rd-27th), stop by the Drop in Center for naps, sleep tips, and giveaways!
Why do we need sleep?
College students have been called the most sleep deprived population in the country. Optimal sleep for adults is 7-9 hours and we all know that doesn’t happen for college students very often. Getting a good night’s sleep improves your energy, alertness, mood, physical health, and academic performance.
Where can you get some extra sleep on campus this week?
- Monday 3/23: Naptime at the Drop in Center 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesday 3/24: Naptime at the Drop in Center 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Wednesday 3/25: Meditation and Relaxation workshop at the Drop in Center 11:15am-12:15pm
- Thursday 3/26 NAP-A-THON in the Dinallo Heights Multipurpose Room from 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday 3/27: Nap time at the Drop in Center 2:00 - 3:00pm
Let’s get sleepy!
If you have any questions or if you just need more information you can call the Office of Health Promotion’s Drop in Center at x5271 or e-mail email@example.com