2017 Robert and Freda Carlin “Unsung Hero” Award UK Student & Student and Academic Life Staff Nomination Form
Deadline for Submission, Tuesday, March 28, 2017
The Robert and Freda Carlin “Unsung Hero” is an award given to one current University of Kentucky Student and one Student and Academic Life staff member or University advocate for Student and Academic Life. Created by a UK Alumnus honoring his parents, the following statement is expressed by this alumnus:
“Too many times in life there are many silent and background leaders that do a lot of work to make the success of organizations and events, and too many times these leaders are not recognized for the hard work they offer-up. These awards will hopefully showcase those silent and background leaders.”
This award is based upon the following:
• The individual represents an “unsung hero”
• The individual is involved quietly but has a substantial impact on your organization
• The individual is involved in leadership and service in a variety of settings including (but not limited to): the community, diversity, campus involvement, environment, etc.
Recipients will receive:
• Professional development funds in the amount of $300 for staff and $300 award for student
• Award presented at the University Honors and Recognition Awards Program on April 18th, 2017
Nominator “To Do” list:
• Complete the online nomination form
• Write a one (1) page, single-spaced essay answering the following questions:
- Why does the nominee deserve the “Unsung Hero” award?
- What makes this individual “unsung” in your organization or department?
- What has this individual been involved with on campus or in the community that epitomizes their commitment to positive change?
• One (1) page, single-spaced essay must be uploaded to this online nomination form
Direct all questions to Ashley Jones, Student Organizations and Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.