Are you a Student-Parent in need of Housing?
Nov 22, 2016 by Kimberly C Rhyan
On behalf of Community Properties of Ohio~
Thank you for your interest in the Columbus Scholar House Program; it is a program for full-time enrolled (2.5 G.P.A) college students with custody of at least one child (see additional criteria below). Columbus Scholar House consists of (20) existing units and (18) additional units currently under construction, located near N. 17th & Long Street. Columbus Scholar House offers 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom unfurnished apartments. We anticipate that the additional 18 units will become available by end winter 2016.
The following documentation is required to accept your application:
- Social security cards and
- Birth certificates for all household members
- Current drivers licenses (or state ID’s) for all applicable household members
- All members 18 years of age and older must be present
Criteria to qualify for the program are as follows:
- Be a full-time student or have been admitted for full-time enrollment in a post-secondary educational program that requires a minimum of one year to complete
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or above throughout the program
- Hold a High school diploma or have a GED transcript
- Provide a letter of referral from your current educational institution
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have primary custody of 1 or more children
- Eligible for Section 8 rental assistance
- Meet CPO Management and Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority credit and criminal qualification criteria
If you are still interested in the program, we need you to submit a preliminary application for housing to be added to the waitlist. You must submit your application in person at our office, located at 910 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205.
We are accepting applications on Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.; we will only accept Columbus Scholar House preliminary applications on Wednesdays.
If you need assistance with a referral letter, please contact Student Engagement and Leadership (614) 287-2637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.