Homecoming - Step and Stroll Show
- This show is compromised of: 1) Step Competition 2) Stroll Competition
- Groups may sign up for either stepping or strolling OR participate in both.
- Both Step and Stroll applications are due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday September 26th, 2014, by 5:00 PM. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Homecoming Committee at SDCA@pace.edu.
- There are 12 performance time slots available for each category (Strolling/Stepping)
- Registration fee for the stepping competition: $20
- Registration fee for the strolling exhibition: $20
- Payment (or an Agency Transaction Form) must accompany the application in and be delivered to the Student Development & Campus Activities Office – Kessel Student Center, at Pace University – Pleasantville (861 Bedford Rd. Pleasantville NY 10570).
Rules and Regulations:
- Step routines are limited to 8 minutes
- Stroll routines involve three components: 1) Random Stroll (up to three random songs given to teams on 10/18/13 by 5pm; we will provide you with a CD of your songs; no longer than 5 mins); 2) Mystery Stroll (a mystery song will be played the night of the show that groups must create a stroll to on the spot, groups will be given some practice time); and, 3) Prepared Stroll (teams must prepare ONE song of their choice that they must stroll to the night of the show; no longer than 3 mins)
- Any performance which contains indecent or obscene use of props and/or costumes, sexually explicit language, verbal attacks on any organization and jumping off stage into audience, will be subject to penalty and/or disqualification.
- Pace University Homecoming Step and Stroll Show Committee must approve all special effects equipment and/or props.
- No fog or smoke machines, no props that resemble firearms. No fire or pyrotechnics. No motor vehicles.
- All team members must be back stage at the start of the performance prior to their performance. Failure to be ready at your designated start time will lead to disqualification.
- Each Step/Stroll team must have at least two (2) full time Pace University undergraduate students participating in the duration of the team’s performance. Each Step/Stroll Team must submit a list of all participants upon submission of their team’s application.
Judging and Prizes:
- The Pace University Homecoming Step and Stroll Show Committee will select all judges for all competitions. No judge will have any affiliation with any Step/Stroll Teams participating in the Pace University Homecoming Step and Stroll Show.
- Judges will evaluate each Step and Stroll Team on the following: CREATIVITY, COMPLEXITY, TRANSITIONS, UNIFORMITY (Costumes), EXECUTION, CROWD ENTHUSIASM, SHOWMANSHIP
- There will be two categories of competition:
- First place shall be awarded to the highest scoring team in each category. The awards will be distributed in both categories as follows:
1. When four or more teams are competing in any category the prize money will be:
o First Place - $1,000
o Second Place - $500
2. When one to three teams are competing in any category the prize money will be:
o First Place: $1,000
The Judges Decision Are FINAL!