Homecoming Chili Cook-Off Registration 2014
The Homecoming cook-off will be held on Saturday, October 26th in Lot F from 11am-12:30pm.
Pace University- Pleasantville Homecoming Chili Cook-Off Official Rules
All participants are required to abide by the following rules:
1. The competition is only open to organization, groups and teams affiliated with Pace University.
2. All participants will be provided with power, presentation area for your trivia and sampling supplies (ie. sample cups). Participants are responsible for all other equipment, ingredients, etc.
3. In order to be eligible for competition participants must completely fill out the registration form prior to the deadline of Friday, October 18, 2013 at 5:00pm.
4. Participants should arrive at the chili cook-off with your chili fully prepared.
• 11:00am: Chili Cook-Off Exhibiting Area will open
• 12:00pm: Official Judging will begin
• 12:15pm: Fan Favorite Voting will end
• 12:45pm: Fan Favorite will be announced
5. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
a. Best Chili: Chili will be judged in the following areas by a panel of three judges on a scale from 1-10.
• Color – Chili should look appetizing, reddish brown is the standard for good.
• Aroma – Chili should smell good.
• Consistency – Chili should have a good ratio between sauce and meat.
• Taste – Taste should consist of a combination of meat, spices, etc.
• After-Taste – The aftertaste or bite is the heat created by the varying spices.
b. Fan Favorite: The general public will be allowed to cast ballots based on the chili they think is best.
6. All chili must be prepared in a sanitary manner in compliance with Department of Health Codes and should not include any alcoholic or illicit substances.
7. The enforcement of the rules and regulations of the Homecoming Chili Cook-Off as stated above are at the discretion of the Homecoming Committee and University officials. All decision sand interpretations are final.
First Place Wins $100
Second Place Wins $50
Third Place Wins $25