Welcome! Our club is committed to being the primary advocates of the American lodging industry for SHA students through education, information and member services, and to build meaningful and professional connections between AH&LA and Cornell University. Please join us to boost your career in the hospitality industry!
AH&LA Cornell Chapter is American Hotel & Lodging Association’s student chapter at School of Administration, Cornell University. The club is open to all Cornell students who are also a member of AH&LA. We are committed to helping AH&LA members at Cornell with their professional development. Throughout the academic year, we will invite industry professionals as speakers, attend industry conferences, hold AH&LA member webinars, conduct community service events, visit hotels for tours, and provide various online job-searching resource and opportunities that are exclusive to AH&LA members. Any Hotelie who wishes to pursue a career in any aspect of hotel industry is welcome to join!
College - Hotel
By completing this form, you are confirming that the majority of the members of this organization will be undergraduate students. If this is not accurate, please STOP NOW, and refer to the Student Organization Registration Page.
Please use an email address that prospective members can email for more information.
Organized for the purpose of furthering and promoting their interest in a particular sport or athletic activity. The club may be recreational, instructional, or competitive in nature.
On campus address. Use advisor's office, if necessary.
180 Statler Hall Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853
Check all that apply; SAFC or GPSAFC should not both be checked
- Other Funding Sources. List other sources below (i.e. CUTonight, ISPB, etc.)
Briefly describe the purpose of your organization.
The purpose of the chapter is to be the primary advocates of the American lodging industry for SHA students through education, information and member services, and to build meaningful and professional connections between the American Hotel and Lodging Association and Cornell University. Our main goals are as follows:
1. To provide members opportunities to exchange ideas, strategies, and contacts with industry leaders at any of AH&LA events throughout the year.
2. To educate members on the latest industry trend and research through AH&LA online information services.
3. To expose new members to different aspects of hospitality business through hotel tours in New York City.
4. To assist members to achieve their career goals through AH&LA's career services and network.
5. To assist the local community through community service events.
6. To provide our members with professional development opportunities with the help of fellow students, alumni, faculty, and industry professionals.
Please include day(s), time(s), and location(s) of your meetings.
The following are the general meeting dates and are subject to changes:
For example, indicate whether potential members must complete an application for membership, try out for a sport club, audition to be part of a musical group, etc.
If your organization has more than one president/chairperson (or co-presidents), please list the additional officer(s) under the third or fourth officer below.
Executive Vice President
Vice President of Programming
Because this is a university organization, the advisor acknowledges that it is part of their responsibilities to advise this organization. If this is not the case, the organization should be listed as an independent organization.