Request to Host Mobile Business Unit
UMSL is pleased to welcome mobile business (both food and non-food) trucks to campus for scheduled eventsthroughout the year. Mobile business trucks may only be on campus if approved through the permit process by asponsoring student organization or department.
The information below provides an overview of contracting and insurance requirements that have been established to protect the business and legal interests of the University, and most importantly the safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
Examples of instances in which a Mobile Business Truck Permit might be granted include:
- University sponsored, large-scale, open, campus-wide events
- Private rental events when classes are not in session
Once this request is submitted, you will receive additional paperwork the vendor must complete. Below is an outline of the steps of the process to host a mobile business unit on campus:
In order to apply for a Mobile Business Truck Permit please complete the UMSL Mobile Business Truck Permit Application. University approval is required prior to any mobile business truck event on campus
Submit the Mobile Food Truck Permit Application at least 30 days prior to your event date to: Miriam Roccia, Assistant Dean of Students, 218 MSC or emailed to: email@example.com
Applicant will be notified of the status of their application within 7 business days of its submission. If approval is granted for an UMSL Mobile Business Truck Permit the UMSL sponsoring organization will receive written confirmation. The following items must then be received by Miriam Roccia no later than 7 business days prior to the event.
- A certificate evidencing coverage from a carrier with a minimum A.M. Best rating of A-. including the Commercial Liability of $1,000,000 combined per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate as follows:
- Vendor/Business Owner is required to name as additional insured: Curators of the University of Missouri, 316 University Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
- Auto Liability of $1,000,000 per occurrence and Workers' Compensation as required by State Statute.
- Copy of St. Louis County Healthy Permit (required ONLY for distribution of food).
The St Louis County Health Permit, Insurance document and payment must be mailed or delivered to: Miriam Roccia, Assistant Dean of Students, Millennium Student Center, 218 MSC, One University Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63121 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org