Welcome Week Grant Applications!
May 9, 2019 by Ryan Rhodes
The Office of Orientation & Transition is excited to offer campus departments and Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) the opportunity to apply for Welcome Week Grants to aid in the development of Welcome Week programs. Two Welcome Week, one-time funding, grants in the amount of $500 will be awarded. Welcome Week events should provide a glimpse into facets of life on campus, including academic, social, athletic, cultural, artistic, and wellness events. Events must take place between August 15 and August 25, 2019.
Welcome Week Grant applications will be accepted NOW through Friday, May 24, 2019, at 5:00 pm, and can be completed online through the 2019 Welcome Week Grant Application.
Departments and RSOs are responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the event, including reserving space on campus. The Office of Orientation & Transition will include all grant recipient events in the broad marketing for Welcome Week. The following restrictions apply to this grant:
- Funds cannot be used for the marketing of individual events
- Events cannot serve as a fundraiser
- Admission fees cannot be charged to attend the event
- Events must be held on the University of Utah campus
- Events cannot conflict with New Student Welcome (Saturday, August 17 from 10:30 am to12:30 pm), PlazaFest (Wednesday, August 21 from 10 am to 2 pm), or the Block U Class Picture (Friday, August 24 from 3 to 4:30 pm)
After the event takes place, departments or RSOs must submit proof of expenditures to be reimbursed up to the amount of their grant award. All receipts and proof of payment must be documented in the Office of Orientation & Transition by Friday, September 13, 2019.
We look forward to working with you and your innovative ideas designed to showcase all that the University of Utah has to offer!
If you have additional questions, please contact Erin Sine, Associate Director for the Office of Orientation & Transition, at firstname.lastname@example.org