Campus Connect is Coming This Summer!
Apr 29, 2019 by Ryan Rhodes
As part of our continued effort to provide you with the tools you need to be successful at the University of Utah, we will be upgrading our student engagement platform from OrgSync to Campus Connect this summer.
Why Campus Connect?
Campus Connect empowers you to discover opportunities and take charge of your co-curricular involvement, all while providing user-friendly organization management and communication tools. Many of the features of OrgSync have been incorporated into Campus Connect in addition to several new features including mobile event check-in and organization elections. New functionality for individual users will also enable you to more easily develop a portfolio of your co-curricular experiences and learning. This platform will host the Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) community, campus departments and resources, countless events, and important updates.
Campus Connect will go live at 8 a.m. (MST) on August 1, 2019. The last day to access/update OrgSync will be July 22, 2019.
- Now- July 22: Keep Using OrgSync and Maintain Up-to-Date Information for Migration
- July 22: Last day to access or update information in OrgSync
- July 23: OrgSync goes offline at 8 a.m.
- July 23-25: Vendor Migration of Data from OrgSync to Campus Connect
- July 26-31: Campus Admins Ensure Data Migrated Successfully, Test New Platform, and Complete Set-up
- August 1: Campus Connect Available to Campus Community at 8 a.m.
Migration of Data from OrgSync to Campus Connect
Most existing OrgSync information will be automatically transferred to Campus Connect including:
Portals or Organizations
- Membership Rosters
- People & Positions
- Current Memberships
- Current and Past events
- Event Attendance data (swipes)
- Forms and Form Submissions
- Documents and Files
- Photo Albums
- Current Memberships
- Current and Past event attendance
- Leadership Positions you are in
- Service Hours
- Your Involvement Record
Watch a video to get more familiar with Campus Connect, known as Engage by CampusLabs:
- Introduction to Campus Connect (Engage) for Students
- Introduction to Campus Connect (Engage) for Campus Partners
We will provide you with more details in the coming weeks including how you can prepare for the migration, what to expect in Campus Connect, and training opportunities. In the interim, if you have any questions, please check out our Campus Connect Implementation website or reach out to Student Leadership & Involvement. Thanks for your cooperation during this transition.
We can't wait to see the U thrive on this new engagement platform!
-The U Campus Connect Implementation Team