Get Paid to Work with Student Organizations!
Apr 15, 2019 by Ryan Rhodes
Student Leadership & Involvement and the Organization Resource Group (ORG) are seeking a new student team member to design marketing materials and implement strategic communications in support of the Recognized Student Organization (RSO) community. ORG positions are on-campus positions and will be paid hourly. The following position with ORG is now accepting applications:
Communications Coordinator (10-15 hours per week) - 1 position available
- Design strategic marketing materials like flyers, handbills, banners, social media graphics, etc.
- Oversee and grow the ORG Twitter account.
- Serve as a resource to student organizations for the department’s online management system
- Assist with the student organization tabling fair, known as PlazaFest
- Assist with annual administrative training presentations for student organization leaders and advisors
- Develop training materials in conjunction with the Student Organizations Coordinator
- Compose monthly student organizations newsletter for student organization leaders
- Develop and facilitate supplemental training for students groups—examples of possible topics: How to use your Engage profile, Social Media 101, Strategic Communications
- Participate in weekly one-on-one’s with Student Organizations Coordinator and/or Graduate Assistant for Student Involvement
- Serve office hours to answer emails about common student organization questions
- Start Date: May/June 2019
- Qualifications for Communications Coordinator:
- Full-time student
- Experience in student leadership, organizations, and/or activities
- Working knowledge and experience with design programs like Adobe In-Design and/or Adobe Illustrator (may be asked to provide portfolio samples)
- Some customer service experience preferred