Welcome to the WE CAN portal!
Stay tuned for events throughout the year in conjunction with the Department of Wellness and Prevention Services on topics including mental health, sexual health, and nutrition and physical wellbeing.
Interested in applying to be a Wellness Educator? Applications are open now: https://orgsync.com/91194/forms/345548
As an extension of the Department of Wellness and Prevention Services, the Wellness Educators for Change,Advocacy, and student Needs, (WE CAN) will work to positively impact student wellness at Appalachian State University by: empowering peers to change health behaviors, working as an advocacy group for student wellbeing, addressing student needs to promote and protect healthy lifestyles.
Watauga River Room, PSU 102
Please list information about the organizations selection process and include membership requirements if applicable.
- Maintain a 2.50 Cumulative GPA
- Good Conduct Standing
- Attend both Fall and Spring Retreats
- Obtain 50 Merit Points per semester (25 hours of involvement)
- Organize and implement educational campaigns and events designed to provide accurate information on various wellness issues.
- Market programs and services in our offices
- Assist students in utilizing the resources available in Wellness and Prevention Services
- Have fun!
- Complete and submit an application to Wellness and Prevention Services
- Applications to be reviewed by the WE CAN advisor
- Interview invitation emails sent to applicants
- Individual interviews conducted with each applicant by the WE CAN advisor and another Wellness and Prevention Services staff member
- Student will be contacted upon selection