Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, founded by Dr. William Bagley in 1911 at the University of Illinois, was established to foster excellence in education and promote fellowship among those dedicated to teaching. The founders chose the name from the Greek words to represent knowledge, duty, and power. Pioneering from its beginning by including women as well as men, Kappa Delta Pi grew from a local chapter to the international organization it is today, comprising 600 chapters and more than 40,000 members.
Please list information about the organizations selection process and include membership requirements if applicable.
- Maintain cumulative a GPA of 3.5 or higher (this is for all schooling, not for each semester)
- Pay national and chapter dues (both can be done online)
- Attend (Or complete ASUlearn excuse) the majority of required events (meetings and ceremonies) every semester.
Ex: If KDP has 4 events then members need a minimum 75% attendance (3/4 events)
- Fall- members must attend a Professional Development event (PD events are provided by KDP locally and through webinar, but other PD events can be approved for credit)
- Spring- members must participate in the KDP Service Event or perform 2 hours of outside service.