AV Technician - Application 2017-18
AV Technician (Operations)
Applications are now open.
AV Technician employees provide support for set-up, inventory, and client orientation for audiovisual equipment. Student staff holding this position provide general support to the Media Specialist for events hosted at the Student Center. AV Technician employees work closely with various departments and often with customers of the Student Center, and so must present and maintain a professional image, display a positive attitude, and respond accurately to requests and inquiries about the Student Center. It is a position that comes with much responsibility, accountability, and a high level of trust.
As an integral part of the Division of Student Affairs, the Student Center provides student staff learning opportunities outside of the classroom. Through this employment experience, students will develop and demonstrate knowledge, skills, and values to make a distinctive impact in the world.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Current Georgia State University Student (Undergraduate or Graduate)
- Ability to conduct self in a manner that creates a positive image of the Student Center and the University
- Ability to communicate with a firm-friendliness tone to enforce the rules and mission of the department and works efficiently and effectively with patrons and building staff
- Is able to move and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA and must remain in good academic standing
Human Resource Details
Reports to the Media Specialist
Starting pay rate of $8.50 an hour with annual raises based on performance evaluations
15-20 base workday hours, and is available for night and weekend hours when needed
Fall &Spring Semester Summer Semester
Monday-Friday 7am – 11pm Monday-Friday 7am – 8pm
Saturday-Sunday 12pm – 9pm Saturday-Sunday 12pm – 5pm
To apply, complete the accompanying application form and submit a relevant résumé, cover letter and class schedule. Questions about the application process can be referred to the HR Coordinator at 404-413-1862..