Thanks for your interest in the Appalachian Popular Programming Society!
To see what events APPS has coming up check out our calendar of events, our website, or any of our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat)!
If you are interested in joining APPS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the APPS office.
The Executive Board meets on Tuesdays at 7 pm in Linville Gorge (PSU 242) .
Have a suggestion for an event for us to bring? Please fill out this form to suggest your idea!
Appalachian Popular Programming Society (APPS) is a university funded organization that exists to plan and provide diverse educational, enriching, and entertaining events for the community and student body of Appalachian State.
Through its eight programming councils, A.P.P.S. members select, plan, promote, and present a diverse variety of popular entertainment programs and films which enhance the social and cultural life for Appalachian students.
Recreational, Leisure, & Entertainment
Linville Gorge, Plemmons Student Union
Please list information about the organizations selection process and include membership requirements if applicable.
Membership is open to all students in good standing with the University.
1. Attend required “All APPS” meetings and retreats.
2. Attend weekly meetings of the programming council.
3. Donate a minimum average of 2 hours per week of service to APPS
4. Assist in planning, publicizing, and supervising programs presented by their respective council(s)
5. Inform the council chairperson and membership coordinator of their respective council in advance whenever other commitments prevent from working on their APPS commitments
6. Attend at least the minimum number of required programs presented by the council (minimum set by each council)
7. Each member is allowed 2 unexcused absences per semester, the 3rd shall result in the loss of membership for the remainder of that semester, plus one additional semester
8. Ensure that the council exhibits a variety of programs focusing on a diversity of tastes.
9. Work and select programs that honor overall student preferences that may override individual wishes
10. Volunteer for at least one task per event
Each APPS member is allowed 2 unexcused absences a semester. Missing 3 meetings unexcused will result in your dismissal from that respective council and will prohibit you from joining any other APPS council for the remainder of that semester plus one more semester.