Final Reminder: Nominations for Student Leader Awards due today!
Apr 10, 2019 by Brittney Anne Bahlman
The nomination process for the annual Tandon Student Leader Awards, sponsored by the Office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and the Office of Student Activities & Resource Center, is now open! Nominations can be submitted for both individual leaders and Tandon student organizations. Nominations are accepted via the NYU Engage Student Leader Award Nomination Form. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, April 10th at 11:59pm.
The awards cover the 2018-2019 academic year and are available in the following categories:
Outstanding Program Awards (For student clubs - by nomination ONLY)
- Community Engagement and Civic Responsibility
- Diversity and Cultural Competency
- Innovation and Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal Leadership Development
- Connection to the Global Network University
Club Management Awards (based on OrgSync assessment data - no nominations accepted)
- Outstanding Financial Management (student club)
- Outstanding Student Engagement (student club)
- Outstanding Event Management (student club)
- Outstanding Organizational Management (student club)
Overall Awards (For both clubs and individuals - by nomination ONLY)
- Outstanding Organizational Growth (student club)
- Outstanding Organizational Collaboration (student club)
- Faculty Advisor of the Year (individual)
- Student Organization of the Year (student club)
- Emerging Leaders Award (individual)
- Distinguished Engagement Award (individual)
- Student Leader of the Year (individual)
NOTE: the nomination form will allow you to submit up to one nomination per award category. You can submit additional nominations by clicking the form link again.
- Make sure to check out the descriptions that go along with each award. The more you can identify specifically why that student club or person deserves to win that specific award, the easier for the Selection Committee to review your nominations.
- Your nomination should be a minimum of 4 to 5 sentences (a paragraph typed) to a maximum of a page (typed).
- Certain awards may require additional details in order for selections to be made.
- All nominations for clubs and organizations should be connected to a recognized Tandon School of Engineering student club or organization.
- Nominations for student leaders can be for any current Tandon student! The person does not need to hold a formal leadership position.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your nominations and seeing you at the Student Leader Awards on April 30th!