RSVP to the Student Orgs President's Retreat!
Feb 6, 2017 by Amanda Kister
Student Orgs President's Retreat 2.18.17
CU DENVER STUDENT ORGS PRESIDENT'S RETREAT
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2017 | 9AM-3PM
POSNER CENTER 1031 33RD STREET DENVER CO
PURPOSE OF PRESIDENT’S RETREAT
The Student Orgs President’s Retreat is a day-long leadership experience focused on meaningful dialogue and development around ideas and action plans to implement within CU Denver student organizations. Student leaders will have the opportunity to establish collaborative relationships with their peers, as well as engage in personal development outside of the traditional conference experience. The retreat will focus on developing collective and unique strategies for organizational change as they relate to organizational continuity and succession planning.
By participating in the Student Orgs President’s Retreat, students will:
- Develop an organizational continuity plan for succession planning
- Develop collaborative relationships with other student organizations
- Learn how to articulate issues and problem-solve
- Develop awareness of inclusive practices for organizational success
- Understand the importance of personal leadership development to lead others
- Participants are expected to be present throughout the entire retreat. Please make necessary arrangements now to ensure you can attend all day
- Due to space, only one representative per organization should attend (preferably the president, president-elect, or vice-president)
- To ensure a comfortable and effective retreat, capacity has been set to a maximum of 40 participants (first to register)
- Breakfast, lunch and all activities are provided at no cost to CU Denver students
- The retreat will be held off campus at the Posner Center, which is conveniently located downtown between 33rd and Arapahoe
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.