Safe Zone Facilitator Application | 2017-2018
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Safe Zone Facilitator!
Safe Zone Mission: Safe Zone is the University of South Florida’s institutionally recognized LGBTQ+ diversity training program that educates members of our campus community on advocacy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Trans+, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ+) peers by promoting understanding through educating supportive allies.
Requirements for Facilitators:
1. Attend mandatory train the trainer sessions on Tuesday, May 9 and Thursday, May 11 from 3:30-6:30pm as well as Monday, May 15 from 4-6pm
2. Facilitate a minimum of 1 training in the Summer and 2 trainings in both the Fall and Spring semesters for a total of 5 trainings per year
3. Commit to at least 1 year of facilitation (May 2017 - May 2018)
4. Attend semesterly facilitator team meeting
5. Connect and meet with your co-facilitator at least 3 (three) days prior to a scheduled training
6. Respond to all emails regarding SZ within 48 hours.
7. It is your responsibility to approval from your supervisor to be a facilitator.
Mandatory Summer Training Dates:
Tuesday, May 9 - 3:30-6:30pm
Thursday, May 11th - 3:30-6:30pm
Monday, May 15th - 4-6pm
Mandatory Interview Date(s):
One 30 minute interview to be scheduled during the week of April 17-21, 2017.
Total Time Commitment for 1 year:
Summer: 15 hours
Fall: 15 hours
Spring: 15 hours
Total: 45 hour annual commitment
Application Deadline Tuesday, April 12 at midnight. For more information, please contact Maria Merrill (she/her/hers) at email@example.com.