We are the club for the OBA concentration of the Business College.
Our goals are:
- To give students networking opportunities by arranging site visits and guest speakers
- Connect students of the OBA concentration and other business-related majors by holding meetings in Chiles 323 every week on Mondays 6-8 pm
- Enable students to build marketable skills by holding workshops and giving them resources on our website
we highly recommend exploring data analytics tools such as R, and Python on our website https://bota.uoregon.edu/blog/
Our event times and locations will be posted here on orgsync
Business Operations and Technology Association (BOTA) is a student-run organization that belongs to the Operations and Business Analytics Department within the Lundquist College of Business. BOTA is dedicated to acquaint business and non-business students with the ideas, challenges and issues on topics related to Operations and Business Analytics (OBA) concentration.
- Workshops, hard skill group training sessions(excel, R, Python, database management, PowerBI, Tableau, etc)
- Guest Speakers, Professional/Industry QA, panel discussion, or presentation
- Site Visits, tours of business facilities and operations
- Group projects, form a team, pursue a visualization/analysis of a data set, compete in competitions