Leadership Opportunity: Student Leadership Advisory Board (Application Deadline: October 4, 2013)
Oct 2, 2013 by Annie Benjamin
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference at UT Dallas?
Interested in helping with or developing Student Leadership Programs events?
The Student Leadership Advisory Board (SLAB) is responsible for providing consultation and collaboration on the development, implementation, and evaluation of leadership programs for the UT Dallas student community.
SLAB will consist of (4) students, one (1) Student Leadership Program Office Assistant, and is overseen by the Assistant Director of Student Leadership Programs.
Please note: This is a volunteer position.
Application Deadline: October 4th
Interview Notification Date: October 11th
Interview Dates: October 15th; October 17th; October 18th
Notification of Selected: October 28th
SLAB Orientation ( if selected): November 1st
- Attend and assist with two L.E.A.D. workshops per semester
- Facilitate L.E.A.D. workshops for students, student organizations and departments
- Develop, plan, and implement new initiatives, programs and activities which focus on leadership, service and civic engagement
- Assist in the planning and co-facilitate Student Leadership Programs initiatives such as: Leadership Challenge retreat and Leaders Meet
- Host focus groups to solicit student feedback of existing programs and assisting as necessary in developing the programs
- Share ideas on how to improve programs or add new activities
- Serve as a mentor for new students at leadership retreats as schedule permits
- Promote Student Leadership Programs’ events to UT Dallas students
- Assist in the planning of the Student Leadership Awards
- Assist in the planning and speaking at Student Leadership Programs’ Information Sessions
- Identify and schedule L.E.A.D. workshop presenters
- Help plan the Student Leadership Programs calendar
- Participate in one of the Leadership Advisory Teams: Publicity/Marketing, Events, Service
Student Leadership Events:
- Information Sessions, three per semester
- Leadership Challenge- Fall Leadership Retreat
- Certificate Programs
- Co-Curricular Transcript Workshops
- Leaders Meet – Spring Leadership Conference
- Weekly commitment to attend Leadership Advisory Team meetings
- Attendance and assistance with all Student Leadership Programs major programs and retreats (Leadership Challenge, Leaders Meet- April 5, 2014).
- Experience with, or a desire to learn about leadership and facilitation
- Personal characteristics: Positive attitude, creative, responsible, respectful, dedicated, team player, time management skills, willingness to learn, try new things and help others
To be considered for membership on the 2013 – 2014 Leadership Advisory Board, all applicants must:
Complete and submit OrgSync form by 5:00 PM, Friday, October 4, 2013. Please be sure to include your resume and schedule of availability.
All applications materials must accompany your OrgSync application for consideration
*Late and incomplete applications will not be reviewed*
Applicants are highly encouraged to schedule a time to meet with the Assistant Director of Student Leadership Programs, Annie Benjamin, at email@example.com to learn about the Student Leadership Programs.
Students exemplifying the characteristics of a Leadership Advisory Board member will be invited for a 10 minute interview with the group advisor. Please come prepared to discuss your responses on the application and what things you want to experience and gain as a member of the Leadership Advisory Board.
Candidates will be notified if they have been selected to participate in an interview by Friday, October 11, 2013 at 5PM.
Candidates will be notified if they have been chosen to serve as a committee member by Friday, October 28, 2013 at 5PM.