Freshman Orientation Organization Fair
May 1, 2012 by Alissa T Wyre
Dear Registered Student Organizations,
Freshman orientation is upon us once again! We are excited to welcome new students to UT Dallas! We invite you to participate in the organization fair. This organization fair will be held in the Visitor Center Atrium from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Your table display must be set up no later than 10:45am. Your organization may set up as early as 9:30am. Sign up online at https://orgsync.com/8452/forms/30830/show.
The deadline to sign up for this organization fair is Monday, May 28, 2012. You must be registered for Fall 2012 to participate in the organization fairs.
All organizations and representatives must adhere to the following guidelines:
* Only two (2) representatives per organization or department are allowed at the organization fair at any time;
* All materials should be neatly displayed on your table. For safety reasons, display boards and other equipment should not be placed on the floor;
* The maximum height of any part of your table display is 48" (4 feet);
* Organization or department members at the fair tables must wear t-shirts and other paraphernalia that are directly related to the organization they are representing that day. UTD spirit wear is encouraged if your organization does not have its own apparel;
* There should be no loitering outside the Activity Center, Student Union, or Clark Center (including parking lots);
* Organization members should not approach new students and their families to join any organization outside the organization fair itself;
* All tables should remain intact for the entire Org Fair; please do not take down your materials early
* New students and families cannot be invited to outside activities (BBQs, parties, mixers, etc.) - only official activities sponsored by Student Life are permitted;
* Any materials distributed at the organization fair must adhere to the University's visual identity guidelines and other criteria as stated in the Guide for Student Organizations;
* Greek organizations must also comply with the guidelines set forth by Fraternity and Sorority Life.
These guidelines will be enforced by Center for Student Involvement staff. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the loss of your organization's or department's privileges to participate in any remaining Freshman Orientation activities and the Welcome Week Cometville Carnival.
For Questions, Contact:
The Center For Student Involvement
Assistant Director of Student Activities OrgSync Project Manager