EMPOWER: Women's Leadership Program Application 2017
Fill out this form to apply for EMPOWER 2017!
We are so glad you are interested in participating in the EMPOWER: Women’s Leadership Program presented by Leadership Exchange in the Office of Student Organizations and Activities! The kick-off retreat will take place Friday, October 13th, 3:00 pm- Saturday, October 14th, 6:30 pm. At the retreat, participants will discover their strengths, refine their leadership skills, network with other leaders, and be empowered as women.
The retreat is just the kick-off to the EMPOWER program! Other elements of the year-long program include:
- Monthly meetings following the retreat from November - April featuring guest speakers, workshops, and presentations
- Opportunities to get involved and make an impact in the UK and greater community
- Mentor/mentee relationship with an older student, one of our EMPOWER Student Facilitators
- Opportunity to apply and serve as an EMPOWER Student Facilitator for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Applications due by 11:59 pm on September 22nd.
- There will be a Participant Mix & Mingle on Sunday, September 24th, 2-4 pm as an additional opportunity to speak with the Empower Leaders about why you want to participate in this program
- You will be notified about the status of your application by Friday, September 29th.
- Those who participate in EMPOWER are strongly encouraged to attend the post-retreat sessions, which will be held once monthly. This is a way for students to stay connected and continue to hone their leadership skills into the spring semester.
For questions, email Brooke White at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
**NOTE** To participate in the EMPOWER: Women’s Leadership Retreat, we expect that you are in good standing with the University, with regards to both academic and conduct. Participants must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average. By completing this application, you are agreeing to have the Office of Student Organizations and Activities check your current academic and conduct standing with the University of Kentucky. **