Senate Agenda & Announcements 11-9-17
Nov 9, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- Senate is causal this week! Feel free to dress comfortably this tonight in order to create a more inclusive environment for our guests!
- If you are interested in serving on a short-term allocations committee, such as the Academic Competition Teams Allocation Committee, The Student Centered Tuition Enhancements Committee, and/or the Sports Clubs Allocation Committee, please apply at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/286983
- If you are interested in serving on the Elections Committee, please reach out to Elections Coordinator Sedlacek (email@example.com).
- If you are interested in serving on the Trans* Taskforce, please reach out to Jordan Kiehl (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she provide you with futher information.
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absence will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Hendrickson for Nichols
- McDermott for Nordstrom
- Jewell for McIntire
- Kidd for Bogner
- Thomas for Albers
- SGA Members of the Week this week goes to Student Ayana Belk, Student Chris Butler, Senator Stephen Caffera, Intern Natalie Jabben, and Intern Nathan King. Ayana Belk and Chris are recognized for their courage in sharing their personal experiences of hate at K-State during the student senate meeting last week. Additionally, Stephen Caffera, Natalie Jabben, and Nathan King attended the Kansas LULAC Rally for DACA at the Statehouse in Topeka.
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
- It was moved and seconded to refer Bill 17/18/20 out of committee favorably. Motion passed 8-0-0.
College Allocations Committee:
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Questions/Debate for KSDB Privilege Fee
- Two-year contract
Senate Operations Committee:
- Edited all submitted legislation
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
- Introduce interns
- Movement to fund Relay for Life
- Did not pass: 9-0-1
- Reasoning: Philanthropy that required payment to attend
Diversity Programming Committee:
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Student Support Director Stephen Kucera:
- Question of the week: What have I done with my SGA position to improve the lives of students?
- Introducing Resolution 17/18/32 in support of making Needs-Based Scholarship fundraising a university priority.
- The Islamic Center of Manhattan (1224 Hylton Heights Rd, Manhattan, KS 66502) is hosting an Open House from 10AM-2PM Saturday, November 11.
- Attended the Kansas LULAC rally in Topeka to support DACA recipients with Senator Stephen Cafferra and Interns Natalie Jabben and Nathan King.
Attorney General Haley Hannaman:
- Applications for the Attorney General position are live and will close on Wednesday, November 15th at 5:00pm. All are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions about the application or the position, do not hesitate to contact Attorney General Haley Hannaman.
State Relations Director James Krotz:
- Nov. 30 - Open Period with Cindy Bontrager on KState budget and Legislative Update from Rep. Tom Phillips
Director of Sustainability Matt Mindrup:
- Green Action Fund Committee met last week. Funding requests for Green Action Fund for the Fall 2017 semester are due Friday December 1 at 5:00 PM.