Senate Agenda & Announcements 11-2-17
Nov 2, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- If you are interested in serving on a short-term allocations committee, such as the Academic Competition Teams Allocation Committee, The Student Centered Tuition Enhancements Committee, and/or the Sports Clubs Allocation Committee, please apply at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/286983
- The SGA Week Work Group is working to gather ideas on from all of SGA on the topics of education, fun activities, and internal self-development. See the Google Document below to add additional ideas: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B7ndEqiru5Q2C2NlP5QTutmi1A5lweXlT2srWrvL92U/edit
- If you are interested in serving on the Elections Committee, please reach out to Elections Coordinator Sedlacek (email@example.com).
- If you are interested in serving on the Trans* Taskforce, please reach out to Jordan Kiehl (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she provide you with futher information.
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absence will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Andres for Grandy
- SGA Members of the Week this week goes to State Relations Director James Krotz for his work coordinating legislators to speak during the student senate open periods and for getting married on October 21st!
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
College Allocations Committee:
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Presentation of KSDB Privilege Fee
- 2-year contract
- It was properly moved and seconded to refer the continuance of the Collegian Media Group Privilege Fee back to senate favorably. Motion passed 10-0-0.
Senate Operations Committee:
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
- Introduced Interns
- Voted to table the discussion on the Relay for Life request to next week.
Diversity Programming Committee:
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Student Support Director Stephen Kucera:
- The K-State SGA administration will be making a presentation to the K-State Foundation's monthly meeting in November.
- Miranda Moore and I met with Kerri Keller, Executive Director of the Career Center, regarding career fair and job offer issues.
- I am working on an initial draft of an SGA resolution in support of additional needs-based scholarships at K-State.
- If you are interested in helping out with these issues or if you are aware of more issues inhibiting student success, please let me know.