Senate Agenda and Announcements 10-26-17
Oct 26, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- If you are interested in serving on a short-term allocations committee, such as the Academic Competition Teams Allocation Committee, The Student Centered Tuition Enhancements Committee, and/or the Sports Clubs Allocation Committee, please apply at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/286983
- The SGA Week Work Group is working to gather ideas on from all of SGA on the topics of education, fun activities, and internal self-development. See the Google Document below to add additional ideas: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B7ndEqiru5Q2C2NlP5QTutmi1A5lweXlT2srWrvL92U/edit
- P.A.W.S. is a peer education course, partially funded by the campus privilege fee, that prepares students to go out and make timely, informative presentations about various mental wellness topics to their peers across campus. Enrollment began on October 23rd (EDCEP 311: B) and you can contact Wendy Barnes for more information (email@example.com).
- The Governmental Relations Committee has created a form for students to submit questions to candidates in the upcoming local election. They are seeking questions until October 31st. https://goo.gl/forms/hIvSaOLYIIi0tNG42
- If you are interested in serving on the Elections Committee, please reach out to Elections Coordinator Sedlacek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absence will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Niederee for Penny
- Thomas for Albers
- Fuller for Orth
- Jewell for McIntire
- SGA Members of the Week this week goes to Attorney General Haley Hannaman for her work to make the Student Tribunal the appeals board for the Center for Student Involvement organizations registrations!
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
College Allocations Committee:
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Debate/Decision for Student Publications Privilege Fee Request
- It was moved and seconded to author legislation to provide a continuance to Student Publications. Motion passed 9-0-0.
- Student Publications Resources
Senate Operations Committee:
- No Meeting
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
Diversity Programming Committee:
- No Meeting
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Student Support Director Stephen Kucera:
- The DACA resolutions are being sent to the campus and legislator recipients.
- In its first month of operations, Cats' Cupboard has helped 50 unique users.
- On October 18, K-State received a $500,000 donation from the Give Something Back foundation to help Pell Grant-eligible students. Recipients will be identified in the 9th-grade this year and begin attending K-State in 2021. (http://www.ksal.com/ksu-receives-500k-for-at-risk-youth/ )
- SGA leadership is finalizing details for a presentation to the K-State Foundation monthly meeting in November.
- Haley Hannaman is working on adjusting Center for Student Involvement (CSI) policy so that Student Tribunal can serve as the Student Organization Committee (SOC), PPM Chapter 8540.020.
- Kansas LULAC is holding a rally in support of DACA-recipients at the Statehouse in Topeka on Friday, November 3 from 12-5PM
Attorney General Haley Hannaman:
- Applications for the Attorney General position will go live on Wednesday, November 1st at 7:00am and close on Wednesday, November 15th at 5:00pm. All are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions about the application or the position, do not hesitate to contact Attorney General Haley Hannaman.
State Relations Director James Krotz:
- Legislators coming to speak to Senate:
- Tonight - Senator Tom Hawk
- Nov. 2 - Rep. Tom Phillips
- January sometime - Rep. Clay Aurand
- January sometime - Rep. Susie Swanson