Senate Agenda and Announcments 10-19-17
Oct 18, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- If you are interested in serving on a short-term allocations committee, such as the Academic Competition Teams Allocation Committee, The Student Centered Tuition Enhancements Committee, and/or the Sports Clubs Allocation Committee, please apply at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/286983
- If you are interested in serving on the SGA Attorney General Recommendation Committee, please let me know as soon as possible. I need three student senators to serve in this capacity.
- The SGA Week Work Group is working to gather ideas on from all of SGA on the topics of education, fun activities, and internal self-development. See the Google Document below to add additional ideas: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B7ndEqiru5Q2C2NlP5QTutmi1A5lweXlT2srWrvL92U/edit
- P.A.W.S. is a peer education course, partially funded by the campus privilege fee, that prepares students to go out and make timely, informative presentations about various mental wellness topics to their peers across campus. Enrollment begins on October 23rd (EDCEP 311: B) and you can contact Wendy Barnes for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absence will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Thomas for Albers
- Zwick for Swanson
- Heyen for Elliott
- Bogner for Kidd
- SGA Members of the Week this week goes to Senator Jake McIntire and Caucus Leader Ramin Rostampour. Senator McIntire is recognized for being a positive role model for young senators and interns alike as an active member in student senate meetings and being vocal at finding solutions on the Privilege Fee Committee! Likewise, Caucus Leader Rostampour is recognized for his great work on the Governmental Relations Committee including creating a form for to gather questions for local elections candidates about their thoughts on K-State and coordinating a voter registration drive with UPC!
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
- Bill 17/18/08 - Amendment to the Kansas State University Student Governing Association By-Laws Concerning Adding a Gender Diversity Representative to the Diversity Programming Committee is referred to senate favorably 8-0-0.
- SGA Week Update – Looking for opportunities for us to bridge the gap between the rest of the student body
- Working on a new process for sending legislation to listed recipient
College Allocations Committee:
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Questions for Student Publications
- Presentation from Student Publications
Senate Operations Committee:
- No Meeting
Student Engagement Committee:
- The committee discussed and brainstormed ideas for the Student Group workshop based on the survey that went out last week to student leaders.
University Allocations Committee:
Diversity Programming Committee:
- No Meeting
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Local Relations Director PJ Hopfinger:
- Local Relations Director Update: Alcohol Policy Enforcement on game days.
Athletics Liaison Nick Edwards:
- Sportsmanship Update
- Short term, mid term and long term plans
Director of Sustainability Matt Mindrup:
- Reducing paper waste