Senate Agenda & Announcements 10-5-17
Oct 5, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- Smile! SGA will be taking a group picture for the Royal Purple Yearbook on October 19th at 6:30 pm. Please be in the Wildcat Chamber by 6:20 pm so we can get our group organized for pictures.
- Tonight each caucus will have time to discuss their procedure for recommending a Tuition and Fees Strategies Committee Representative. Please use this time to decide if you are going to seek more applicants, define a timeline and agree on an appropriate appointment procedure. Each College Caucus Leader will have more information.
- The application for the 2017-2018 Elections Commissioner is now live and will be open until Friday, October 13th at midnight. The form can be found at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/284329
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absence will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Buickerood for Akers
- Pitts for Zwick
- Jewell for Orth
- Thomas for Albers
- Heyen for Bogner
- Niederee for Ogren
- Bolar for Fuller
- Tedrow for Mertens
- Kidd for McIntire
- Tuttle for DeMaranville
- Kelly for Flores
- SGA Member of the Week this week goes to Governmental Relations Chair Glen Buickerood for his work with City-University Funds! This year we had a record 78 suggestions from 53 students and he has been instrumental in developing cost estimates and sharing these ideas with Faculty Senate and University Support Staff Senate.
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
College Allocations Committee:
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Fine Arts Fee Debate & Vote
- See supporting documents here: https://orgsync.com/83329/files/1308615/show
- It was moved and seconded to author legislation to provide an increase of $1,250 to:
- Fine Arts Fee—Ebony Theatre. Motion passed 7-2-1.
- Fine Arts Fee—Music Department Band & Orchestra. Motion passed 9-0-1.
- Fine Arts Fee—Music Department Choral & Opera. Motion passed 8-1-1.
- Fine Arts Fee—Communication Studies Theatre & Dance. Motion passed 8-1-1.
Senate Operations Committee:
- Reviewed and edited legislation for senate
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
Diversity Programming Committee:
- No Meeting
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Student Support Director Stephen Kucera:
- Finalizing draft of Steps toward achieving shared-objectives with the K-State Foundation
- Met with Student Life and 2 colleges about their processes and priorities for allocating scholarships
- Researching and soliciting potential improvements to the Student Organization Restructuring policy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Collaborating with SGA leaders to develop the Student Organization Committee (SOC)
- New students IDs are provided to students transitioning gender; policy changed 2 years ago