Senate Agenda & Announcements 9-28-17
Sep 28, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- University President Richard B. Myers will be presenting the State of the University Address on September 29th at 3:30pm in Forum Hall. This is a great event to hear about the direction our university will be heading this year!
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absent will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Kelly for Martin
- Niederee for McIntire
- Grandy for Archer
- SGA Member of the Week this week goes to Vice Chair Faith Tuttle for stepping up big time last week to serve as Senate Secretary!
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
- Big XII SGA Conference Report
College Allocations Committee:
- At-Large committee members have been added to College Allocations Committee.
- Members completed training tonight.
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Fine Arts Fee Debate & Vote
- See supporting documents here: https://orgsync.com/83329/files/1308615/show
- It was moved and seconded to author legislation to provide a continuance to Fine Arts Fee—College of Architecture, Planning, & Design, McCain Auditorium, Art Department, English Department, and International Student Center. All motions passed 7-0-2.
- It was moved and seconded that we author legislation to provide a continuance of $7,000 to the Fine Arts Fee—Student Organizations and allow them to continue to pull up to $10,000 from the Fine Arts Fee reserves account. Motion passed 7-0-2.
- It was moved and seconded to refer Bill 17/18/03 back to Student Senate favorably. Motion passed 7-0-2.
Senate Operations Committee:
- No Meeting
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
- No Meeting
Diversity Programming Committee:
- No Meeting
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Student Support Director Stephen Kucera:
- Identifying ways to improve the voice of students in the K-State Foundation fundraising process
- Exploring the process used by the university/colleges to allocate money fundraised by the K-State Foundation
- Advocating for free student ID replacement for students transitioning genders
- If you have any questions or want to get involved with any of these projects, please email email@example.com