Senate Agenda & Announcements 9-21-17
Sep 21, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- The City-University Special Projects fund takes the revenue generated from sales tax on campus and devotes it to projects that benefit both K-State and the Manhattan community. If you know of any additions, changes, or improvements that would improve the student experience at K-State, this is your place to share your thoughts!
- University President Richard B. Myers will be presenting the State of the University Address on September 29th at 3:30pm in Forum Hall. This is a great event to hear about the direction our university will be heading this year!
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absent will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Penny for Niederee
- Tedrow for Elliott
- Markel for Works
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting:
- Appointed at-large members to student senate standing committees
College Allocations Committee:
- At-large member applications were reviewed
Governmental Relations Committee:
Privilege Fee Committee:
- Fine Arts Fee Questions & Debate
- See supporting documents here: https://orgsync.com/83329/files/1308615/show
- At-Large Committee Member’s applications were discussed and ranked
- It was moved and seconded that we pull Sports Clubs, Office of Students Activities and Services, and the Student Activity Fee out of cycle to make name changes and authorize the same amount of money. Motion passed 7-0-0.
Senate Operations Committee:
Student Engagement Committee:
University Allocations Committee:
- No Meeting
Diversity Programming Committee:
- The Diversity Programming Committee reviewed four budget requests and decided to fund the following events:
- Children’s and Adolescent Literature Community; ChALC Conference; April 14th, 2018
- Kansas State University Qualitative Research Student Organization; The artist and Peter-Both-in-One: Unlearning adultist method in social justice oriented qualitative research with young children; November 9th, 2017;
- The India Student Association; Sanskriti; November 4th, 2017;
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984