Senate Agenda & Announcements 9-7-17
Sep 7, 2017 by Jonathan D Peuchen
I hope that everyone has had a great week thus far! I would like to ask that everyone take a quick look at the announcements, committee reports, and directors reports for this week. Included are a lot of ways to get further involved in SGA!
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- Involvement Opportunities within SGA:
- At-Large Appointees on University-wide committees including Tuition and Fees Strategies Committee, Student Centered Tuition Enhancements, Academic Competition Team Funding Committee, and many others.
- Senate Appointees on the Union Governing Board and the Diversity Programming Committee
- Legislative Advocates – nonpartisan task force created to assist the Office of Governmental Relations as they advocate for Kansas State University's interests in the Kansas Capitol.
- Judicial Branch Application – Student Tribunal and Student Review Board
- The City-University Special Projects fund takes the revenue generated from sales tax on campus and devotes it to projects that benefit both K-State and the Manhattan community. If you know of any additions, changes, or improvements that would improve the student experience at K-State, this is your place to share your thoughts!
- If you have an idea for a bill or resolution that you would like to put before the Student Senate, agenda items can be submitted on OrgSync by going to Files à Legislation folder à 1 – Submit to Senate Operations folder. Legislation must be submitted by 3:00pm on the Monday of the week that you would like it to be introduced in Senate. Additionally, all bills must have a senator’s name to be introduced.
- Proxies: If you are going to be absent, please fill out the proxy form at the link below even if you are not sure if your absent will be excused: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/103764
- Senator of the Week this week goes to Senator Jeff Bogner for his great work writing and presenting commendations last week!
COMMITTEE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK
Student Senate Meeting 8-31-17:
- Heard presentation from Speaker Pro Tempore Munyanyi about an initiative for college caucuses
- Brainstormed City-University Funds projects
DIRECTOR’S REPORTS FOR THE WEEK
Directors – Please submit agenda items at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/239984
Attorney General Haley Hannaman
- Applications for the Judicial Branch are due on Sunday, September 17th, 2017, at 1:00pm. The application can be found here: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/261003
- On Thursday, September 14th Heather Reed is speaking to the Judicial Branch about the Office of Student Life and the Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT).
Technology Director Andrew McKittrick
- Will provide an update on completed, in progress and possible IT projects
- K-State has hired Gary Pratt as Chief Information Officer
See you all tonight!