Senate Minutes from 3.2.17 Posted
Mar 7, 2017 by Kaitlin P Flores
Good Morning Senate,
I hope you all are having a great week thus far AND IT'S ABOUT TO GET EVEN BETTER BECAUSE - YOU GUESSED IT - THE SENATE MINUTES FROM LAST THURSDAY HAVE NOW BEEN POSTED!
(takes finger off CAPS lock) (inserts link to 3.2.17 Senate Minutes and encourages everyone to click the word here to stay informed).
(Lists top 5 most important moments from Senate meeting for Senators with short attention spans - dubs it the Senate Top 5 and wins a Nobel Peace Prize)
- Intern class of 2016-2017 introduced their plan centered around community outreach and a partnership with Leadership Studies for Cats for Inclusion. Quote from Intern Mersmann regarding the interns' ability to reach out to many campus groups, "We have lots of friends. We're pretty cool."
- Chair J. Peuchen notified Senate that the Privilege Fee Committee will soon be reviewing requests of Hale Library and Wildcat Watch at their next meeting.
- Director Baalman encouraged Senate to register for the suicide prevention Out of the Darkness walk on April 12. Go to this website to register: http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=4375
- Bill 16/17/98 Expulsion of Student Senator was moved out of Introduction of Legislation and into Final Action. Ultimately passed by a vote of 53-0-0.
- 15 bills were referred from Introduction of Legislation back to their respective committees.
(Wishes Senate a spectacular week and encourages them to show up to Senate on Thursday promptly at 7pm, resists the urge to insert another GIF)
(Signs email as their Faithful Scribe),
Student Senate Secretary