Important Senate Updates and Committee Opportunities
Aug 23, 2016 by Jack M Ayres
I hope everybody had a great summer and is enjoying the first few days of class! I wanted to reach out to give you a few important updates and inform you of a cool opportunity. I apologize in advance for the long email!
- First and foremost, I want to remind everybody that we are not meeting this Thursday. The first meeting will be next Thursday, September 1st at 7:00pm in the Big 12 Room of the Union. With that being said, many committee chairs will be reaching out to you soon if they haven't already so please be on the lookout for that!
- Secondly, President Van Ranken and I are looking for three senators to serve on the Campus Health and Wellness Master Planning Commission.
- The following is a description of the committee from the Chair of the committee, Andy Hurtig: "Considering the fast moving development of the northern portion of K-State’s campus along the Kimball Avenue corridor - which is the result of numerous master plans including: our North Campus Corridor Master Plan, K-State Athletics Bill Snyder Family Stadium Master Plan, KSU Foundation Business Park Master Plan, and the on-going construction of the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility - it is prudent to continuously study and evaluate the long-term vision of campus health and wellness infrastructure, resources, and offerings for our student body and campus community. It is the charge of the Campus Health and Wellness Master Planning Commission to work in conjunction with an outside expert consultant to provide visionary guidance for the prudent use of our campus footprint and financial resources. The Commission and the outside consultant will work together to develop and articulate a tangible, strategic, and aspirational short- and long-term plan in order to uphold our commitment to exceptional solutions for innovative health and wellness offerings at K-State."
- If you are interested, please send an email to President Van Ranken <firstname.lastname@example.org> and me <email@example.com> explaining why you are interested in serving on the commission and what relevant experience you have by next Monday, August 29th at 5:00pm.
- I would encourage you to check out the SGA Committee At-Large Committee Application at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/210346
- Included in this application is the Tuition and Fees Strategy Committee, the Educational Opportunity Fund Committee, and the Student Centered Tuition Enhancement Committee.
- This is due Friday, September 9th at 5:00pm
- I would also encourage you to check out the SGA Senator Committee Member Application at the following link: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/212404
- Included in this application is the Diversity Programming Committee and the Union Governing Board.
- This is due Tuesday, September 6th at 5:00pm
I am looking forward to a great year in SGA! Thanks for all that you do!
Speaker of the Student Senate