IFC Recruitment Counselor Application 2015 (Copy)
Applications are due Friday, April 24th, 2015 at 5:00pm. Please email to IFC VP of Recruitment at email@example.com with any questions.
Important Dates for Recruitment Counselor Selection:
- Recruitment Counselor applications available starting Monday, April 6th.
- Recruitment Councelor applications due Friday, April 24th.
- Applicants will be notified if they were selected through email by Friday, May 1st.
- All applicant will be noticed of their selection with an email before Monday, May 4th.
Members from men's fraternities holding regular membership in the University of Oregon Fraternity community shall be eligible to serve as a Recruitment Counselor. Applicants must be an active member in good standing with their chapter; must have at least a 2.7 cumulative grade point average prior to selection and maintain a 2.7 cumulative grade point average. In addition, applicants for the Recruitment Counselor position must have participated in at least one fall Membership Recruitment with their respective Chapter (i.e. you have been through recruitment as an active member of your chapter in addition to going through recruitment yourself).
Recruitment Counselors shall:
Assist the Recruitment Executive Team and OFSL Staff with recruitment related logistics and planning tasks
• Assist the IFC VP of Recruitment with the implementation of Recruitment Orientation Presentations
• Counsel Potential New Members who may be stressed, lost or intimidated by the recruitment process
• If necessary, serve as stand-in Recruitment Guide in case of position dismissal or temporary time conflict
• Be available for the Potential New Members at IFC recruitment events as a whole with any assistance they may need.
• Help advise the Potential New Members throughout the value-based IFC Fraternity process.
• Be a liaison between the Potential New Members and the IFC VP of Recruitment, and vice versa.
• Be a source of knowledge about Fraternity and Sorority Life and the IFC Fraternity.
• Assist the IFC VP of Recruitment with marketing and advertisement of recruitment events.
• Be a member of the IFC fraternity community as a whole, not just the Chapter affiliated with.
• Promote a positive attitude towards the Fraternity and Sorority Life community and the campus community.
• Discourage stereotyping from anyone affiliated and not affiliated with Fraternity and Sorority Life.