Fall 2014 Leadership Seminar Registration Form
The Leadership Seminar Series is an 8-week, non-credit opportunity available for up to 20 UW-Eau Claire students. Seminar participants meet for 90 minutes each week throughout the duration of the program. There is no cost to participate, and all books and materials are provided for participants. Interested individuals should fill out the application and submit by Friday, September 12, 2014.
The Leadership Seminar Series is designed to provide you with an opportunity to explore leadership in a fun way with a small group of your peers and apply what you learn to your life experiences. Students will examine the history and evolution of leadership, will learn about personal strengths and preferences and how to work with others, will learn about important components of effective leadership, and will identify strategies for creating positive change.
• Understand the historical and theoretical background of leadership
• Determine individual areas of strengths and improvements as a leader
• Articulate benefits and challenges of working in group and team settings
• Understand responses to change and how to facilitate change
• Understand and articulate what leadership means, and develop a personal philosophy of leadership
• Make meaningful connections between seminar content and organization context
The Fall 2014 Leadership Seminar Series has two offerings for the semester. They include the following options:
- Tuesdays from 5:00-6:30 p.m., beginning on Tuesday, September 16, and concluding on Tuesday, November 4
- Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 p.m., beginning on Thursday, September 18, and concluding on Thursday, November 6
Interested individuals must select one of the options above and be available to meet at that time in order to participate.