Welcome to the Health Information Management Student Association (HIMSA) page!
In the past HIMSA has been based mostly on the Grand Rapids campus, but, starting this semester that will change. Our goal is to have representation from all campuses and will be online based. Our goal is to come together as one group and work collaboratively.
Some changes you will see:
- Each day of the week will have a new theme:
- Clinical Modification Monday – On Monday, we will focus on ICD-10 CM Guidelines that are quite troublesome. There will be explanations of the guidelines as well as sample scenarios that will be explained.
- Ted Talk Tuesday – On Tuesday, we will share a Ted Talk, these will be favorites of the HIM faculty & staff and important figures within DU. These Ted Talks are meant to be inspirational and to allow for a quick breather in our daily lives.
- Work rhIT Wednesday – On Wednesday, we will focus on RHIT & RHIA exam prep. We will all be given a sample test question. You will be able to reply with your answer to win some free DU or HIM swag! (If more than one person replies with the correct answer, I will use random.org to select a winner).
- Trendy Thursday – On Thursday, we will present a hot topic within HIM that occurred that week. We all need to stay on top of what is coming up the pipeline!
- Follow-Up Friday – On Friday, we will review the exam prep question so all will understand how to get the correct answer.
- More campus connection
- More community involvement (even though we all don’t live in the same community, we can all participate in our own communities at the same time)
- More job postings (locally, regionally, state and national level)