Dissertation Boot Camp Spring 2020
Thank you for your interest in Dissertation Boot Camp! Below you will find more information about the program and what would be required of you. Please read carefully before you apply to participate in the workshop.
- Dissertation Boot Camp is a writing workshop. The vast majority of the time will be spent writing – not analyzing or researching, so we ask that you would come prepared to work on drafting or revising part(s) of your dissertation.
- You would need to clear your calendar for March 3rd, 4th and 5th from 8:45 am-4:45 pm.. You will be expected to commit to attending the entire workshop. You will not be excused to teach, attend classes, or attend other meetings or appointments. We ask that you make arrangements for transportation, childcare, etc. so that you can be fully committed to the entire workshop.
- If accepted to participate in the workshop, you will be required to submit a $50 "motivational” deposit check made payable to Boston College.
- The check will be returned to you upon your successful completion of the entire workshop. Please note that your deposit check would only be cashed only if you fail to fulfill your commitment for the Dissertation Boot Camp program.
A light breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided each day of Boot Camp.
A maximum of ten doctoral students will be accepted to participate in Dissertation Boot Camp. To apply please complete the online registration from by Friday, February 7th, 2020.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Message to Previous Dissertation Boot Campers:
Priority will be given to first-time applicants. If you have participated in Dissertation Boot Camp in the past, you will not be selected again unless there are spots available. The reason for this is two-fold:
- Each Dissertation Boot Camp is limited to a maximum of ten students, and we strive to accommodate as many students as possible.
- Dissertation Boot Camp is intended to be a model you can continue to utilize on your own. We recommend building upon the momentum gained during Dissertation Boot Camp in the following ways:
- Forming a small, self-motivated dissertation writing group with regularly scheduled meetings for accountability and support
- Utilizing the Connors Family Learning Center for writing assistance
- Commit to following the detailed action plan developed during the workshop and participate in periodic check-ins with the Office of Graduate Student Life.