Fall 2017 Housing & Residence Life Student Staff Leadership Position Application
Thank you for your interest in the UCA Housing & Residence Life Student Staff positions. Below you will find answers to questions you might have regarding the application process and the department.
Housing & Residence Life is dedicated to being a leader in student success by providing a premier campus living experience.
The mission of Housing & Residence Life is to positively impact the campus living experience by serving, developing, and supporting students while providing safe and engaging living environments that are technologically advanced and extend learning outside the classroom.
What are the various components of the application process?
A completed application includes the following items:
- Completed Application Form (online)
- Three References
- One must be a member of the Housing Staff [i.e. RC, RA, HOST, Peer Coach, Mentor]
- Each reference must complete the Student Staff Reference Form. Completed Reference Forms can be submitted with your application in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Essay Responses
In addition to the completed application, you must attend and participate in group process and an individual interview. Socials will also be offered as an opportunity for the current staff to become acquainted with you.
What is the timeline for the application process?
- January 12, 2017- Application available
- February 10, 2017- Application and reference forms due
- February 19, 2017- Group process and interviews
- March 6, 2017- Applicants notified via e-mail of decisions
What are the requirements to become a Student Staff member?
- Must have lived in University housing 2 full semesters at the time of appointment.
- Must have successfully completed 24 credit hours at time of appointment.
- This means that you need to have completed 24 credit hours by Spring 2017
- Must meet the GPA requirement for the position you are applying for at time of application and appointment. Resident Assistant and HOST position require a 2.5 GPA. Peer Coaches require a 3.0 GPA. Residential College Mentor Position requires a 2.75 GPA (Please note GPA requirements are for both semester and cumulative)
- House Managers must be current, active members of a sorority that is housed in Greek Village
- Must be in good judicial standing with Housing and the University.
- Must be in good financial standing with the University.
- Complete application on OrgSync
For detailed descriptions of each position please visit: http://uca.edu/housing/undergraduate-employment/