FAQs - Student Leadership Symposium
Sep 19, 2018 by Cat M Nanney
A lot of questions have been coming in so I wanted to send a list to everyone of FAQs in hopes of educating everyone.
- What is the dress code?
- Business Casual – please do not wear jeans or shorts, t-shirts or tank tops.
- Will lunch be served?
- Yes, lunch will be served for all students. We have a gluten free option as well as a vegetarian and vegan option.
- Who are the best representatives to send?
- It is best to send the President and Treasurer, the 3rd representative can be anyone. The President can go over all information discussed with his/her organization and the Treasurers will have their first ever Treasurers only session put on by Joanne Green and Beth Kurkowski.
- Should I bring anything?
- The program booklet will be handed to you upon check-in with a pen. We do suggest you bring something to write on though if you are a note taker. Please note, the organizations procedures meeting will take place in Clemente so a laptop might be difficult. We also need you to bring your student ID.
- How many organizations can I represent?
- Each student may represent up to three organizations upon check-in.
- How will I get credit for attending the different required sessions?
- At the beginning of EVERY session you will card swipe in for credit. If you leave halfway through the day or don’t complete the required sessions then it will impact your organizations active status.
- Is there a place to RSVP or register for the event?
- No, RSVPs or registration is not needed!
- As a leader of a student organization what am I required to attend? Will I be able to attend other sessions outside of the required sessions?
- The two sessions each student organization leader must attend is the Organizations Procedures Meeting (offered twice) and the OrgSync Training Session (offered three times). If you are the Treasurer of your organization you must attend the Treasurers Information Session with Joanne Green and Beth Kurkowski. This is the first time we’ve offered a session like this and during that session they will go into detail on SAFC funding and financial information imperative for Treasurers to know. There are 3 breakout sessions after the keynote speaker so each leader will be able to attend another session of their choosing that is not required too!
If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com.