Maryland Leadership Advance Spring 2018 Registration
Maryland Leadership Advance
Saturday, March 10th
Adele H. Stamp Student Union, Pyon Su Room
The Maryland Leadership Advance is designed for experienced leaders who are looking for the next step in their leadership journey. Intended for students who have participated in leadership development experiences through Maryland LEAD or elsewhere, the Advance gives participants the opportunity to critically reflect on their leadership practice and learn how to expand their potential for positive change.
Quick Info & Details:
- The Maryland Leadership Advance takes place Saturday, March 10th at the Pyon Su Room in Stamp from 9am- 5pm
- Registration closes Friday, February 20th!!
- Check-in for the Maryland Leadership Advance begins at 8:30 am
- Advance is FREE for any UMD student! Your registration includes breakfast, lunch, and a leadership-filled day with motivated peers.
How can I benefit from MLA?
- By challenging your perceptions of leadership. Advance complicates your understanding of leadership, and challenges you to think more deeply about the role of a leader in complex situations.
- By recognizing your assumptions about change. The only constant in life is change. How do you handle it? Is it an opportunity or a curse? Acknowledging your assumptions about change will make you better able to adapt.
- Feedback. At Advance, you will give feedback to others and receive feedback about yourself. Additionally, you will reflect on prior leadership experiences that will help to guide future opportunities
What Is the Format of MLA?
The Maryland Leadership Advance is facilitated by a cohort of trained peer-to-peer leadership educators at the University of Maryland. The sessions are interactive and designed so that participants not only get to know one another throughout the weekend but also have a chance to practice what they are learning in the workshops.