Terrapin Leadership Institute Spring 2018
The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a leadership development program building your leadership confidence and tangible skills that can be applied to everyday life. Over five weeks, you’ll participate in hands-on activities and critical dialogue with a small group of peers.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 25th at 11:59 pm
TLI Spring 2018 Schedule
This semester, we are excited to offer 4 unique tracks of TLI:
TLI Introductory Track: Intro topics include leadership styles, ethics, identity, collaboration, and communication. Perfect for beginning and emerging leaders- No prior leadership experience necessary! Choose from one of FOUR weekly meeting times:
- Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00pm (Feb. 27th to Apr. 3rd)
- Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00pm (Feb. 28th to Apr. 4th)
- Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm (Mar. 1st to Apr. 5th)
TLI Plus Track: TLI Plus topics include authority and power, conflict management, personal and group responsibility, and sustainability. Perfect for current student leaders looking to take your leadership to the next level!
- Tuesdays 7:00-8:30pm (Feb. 27th to Apr. 3rd)
TLI for College Park Scholars Track: Uniquely for the College Park Scholars Living-Learning Program, this introduction to leadership will allow students to develop their personal leadership styles amidst a Scholars-specific context. Students will explore topics such as leadership styles, ethics and integrity and collaboration, which are key tenets of the Scholars community values.
- Thursdays 6:30-8:00pm (Mar. 1st to Apr. 5th)
TLI Student Organization Track (NEW!): In this track, participants shape personal leadership skills and learn how to apply those skills to their specific organization, focusing on topics such as delegation, motivation, collaboration, and organizations as cultures. Catered to each student's needs as a student organization leader, participants will walk away with a number of newfound skills and tools that can be applied directly to their organization.
- Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm (Feb. 28th to Apr. 4th)
***NOTE: Participants MUST currently be an executive member for an on-campus student organization to register for this track.
TLI sessions will be facilitated by student leaders in the Maryland LEAD program and will take place in various rooms within the Stamp Student Union and the Cambridge Community Center (for the College Park Scholars Program). All locations will be announced once registration has closed. TLI will begin the week of February 27th, 2018 and conclude the week of April 5th, 2018.
Why sign up for TLI?
- Swag. Upon reaching certain benchmarks within the program you will receive the official TLI t-shirt.
- Certificate of Completion. Upon meeting the program requirements, you will receive an official certificate of completion.
- Letter of Recommendation. Receive a letter from your student facilitator outlining the skills developed through TLI. This can be used when apply for jobs, internships, as well as campus or community organizations.
- Resume Workshop. Following TLI, you will be offered a session on the best way to include TLI on your resume and how to best communicate the learning and knowledge gained through TLI.
Before completing your registration, please confirm you availability to attend session dates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
**You will receive a confirmation email upon completing your application**