Facilitator Application: Spring 2018
The Maryland Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Program engages students in leadership experiences that complement academic, co-curricular, career, and community engagement opportunities. Through institutes, conferences, retreats, and peer education the Maryland LEAD Program develops the skills necessary to practice socially responsible leadership and create positive change.
Facilitators are an integral part of the Maryland LEAD Program. Facilitators deliver leadership development content to participants in the Terrapin Leadership Institute and the Maryland Leadership Conferences. They lead experiential learning activities, guide conversations and synthesize group ideas, effectively shaping experiences for the participants. Facilitators learn and practice skills ranging from public speaking, critical thinking, planning, and flexibility!
We are currently seeking insightful, group-orientated applicants to join our facilitation team. Ideal applicants will have an interest and passion for leadership, leadership development, and group facilitation. We are looking for facilitators for the Terrapin Leadership Institute team and the Maryland Leadership Conferences team. Please review a full description of both positions here!
Applications are due on Monday, November 6th, 2017 by 11:59pm.
Please review the following dates prior to submitting your application:
- Monday, October 23rd- Friday, November 3rd: Facilitator applications are open!
- Monday, November 13th, 6:00pm-7:30pm: Group Interview
- Tuesday, November 14th- Friday, November 17th: Individual Interviews
- Tuesday, November 21st: Facilitators notified of placement
- New Facilitator Orientation: If selected, choose ONE date to attend:
- Wednesday, November 29th: 6-7pm, Crossland Room (2nd floor Stamp)
- Friday, December 1st: 4-5pm, LCSL-MICA training room
Spring 2018 Semester Important Dates:
- Friday, February 2nd, 4-8 pm: New Facilitator Training
- Mondays, February 5th-April 9th, 5:30-7:30pm: Weekly Learning Communities (Facilitators MUST be available Monday evenings next semester)
- Friday-Sunday, Feb 23-25th: MOSAIC (Tentative)
- Week of February 27th-April 3rd: Terrapin Leadership Institute
- Saturday, March 10th: Maryland Leadership Advance
- Saturday, April 14th: Activation Academy