Terrapin Leadership Institute Fall 2017
The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a leadership development program building your leadership confidence and tangible skills that can be applied to everyday life. Over five weeks, you’ll participate in hands-on activities and critical dialogue with a small group of peers.
TLI Fall 2017 Schedule
This semester, we are excited to offer 3 unique tracks of TLI:
TLI Introductory Track: Intro topics include leadership styles, ethics, identity, collaboration, and communication. Perfect for beginning and emerging leaders- No prior leadership experience necessary! Choose from one of FOUR weekly meeting times:
- Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00pm (Oct. 3rd to Oct. 31st)
- Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00pm (Oct 4th to Nov. 1st)
- Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30pm (Oct 4th to Nov. 1st)
- Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm (Oct. 5th to Nov. 2nd)
TLI Plus Track: TLI Plus topics include authority and power, conflict management, personal and group responsibility, and sustainability. Perfect for current student leaders looking to take your leadership and organization to the next level!
- Tuesdays 7:00-8:30pm (Oct. 3rd to Oct. 31st)
TLI for College Park Scholars Track: Uniquely for the College Park Scholars Living-Learning Program, this introduction to leadership will allow students to develop their personal leadership styles amidst a Scholars-specific context. Students will explore topics such as leadership styles, ethics and integrity and collaboration, which are key tenets of the Scholars community values.
- Thursdays 6:30-8:00pm (Oct. 5th to Nov. 2nd)
TLI sessions will be facilitated by student leaders in the Maryland LEAD program and will take place in various rooms within the Stamp Student Union and the Cambridge Community Center (for the College Park Scholars Program). All locations will be announced once registration has closed. TLI will begin the week of October 3, 2017 and conclude the week of November 2nd, 2017...
Why sign up for TLI?
- Swag. Upon reaching certain benchmarks within the program you will receive the official TLI t-shirt and water bottle.
- Certificate of Completion. Upon meeting the program requirements, you will receive an official certificate of completion.
- Letter of Recommendation. Receive a letter from your student facilitator outlining the skills developed through TLI. This can be used when apply for jobs, internships, as well as campus or community organizations.
- Resume Workshop. Following TLI, you will be offered a session on the best way to include TLI on your resume and how to best communicate the learning and knowledge gained through TLI.
Before completing your registration, please confirm you availability to attend session dates. Contact email@example.com with questions!
**You will receive a confirmation email upon completing your application**