Terrapin Leadership Institute - Spring 2017 Registration
The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a a workshop series that empowers students to achieve their leadership potential. TLI recognizes leadership as a skill that can be developed in all people, opening doors for individual growth and social change. To register, review the following track options and click "Begin Form" at the bottom of the page.
TLI Spring 2017 Schedule
The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a 5-week workshop series designed to develop student self-awareness, foster their self-efficacy for leadership, and understand the individual's role within the leadership process. The workshop is a low-commitment, high intensity series that is meant to accommodate the student's busy schedule. In addition, there is no cost to participate in TLI!
This semester, we are excited to offer 3 unique tracks of TLI:
TLI Introductory Track: Perfect for emerging leaders looking to gain skills of effective leadership, including developing a personal leadership style, exploring ethics and integrity, and improving communication in collaboration. No prior formal leadership experience necessary! Choose from one of FOUR weekly meeting times:
- Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00pm (Feb. 28- April 4)
- Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00pm (March 1- April 5)
- Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30pm (March 1- April 5)
- Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm (March 2- April 6)
TLI Plus Track: Designed for students with previous exposure to leadership theory, styles, and experiences, the TLI Plus track examines the "Big L", or positional, leadership paradigm. How does a positional leader deal with challenges presented to oneself, the organization’s membership, and the success of its mission? This is beneficial for students who are currently in such a position, or who are seeking to take one on in the future.
- Tuesdays 7:00-8:30pm (Feb. 28- April 4)
TLI for College Park Scholars Track: Uniquely for the College Park Scholars Living-Learning Program, this introduction to leadership will allow students to develop their personal leadership styles amidst a Scholars-specific context. Students will explore topics such as leadership styles, ethics and integrity and collaboration, which are key tenets of the Scholars community values.
- Thursdays 6:30-8:00pm (March 2- April 6)
TLI sessions will be facilitated by student leaders in the Maryland LEAD program and will take place in various rooms within the Stamp Student Union and the Cambridge Community Center (for the College Park Scholars Program). All locations will be announced once registration has closed. TLI will begin the week of February 28th, 2017 and conclude the week of April, 4th, 2017...
Why sign up for TLI?
- Swag. Upon reaching certain benchmarks within the program you will receive the official TLI t-shirt and water bottle.
- Certificate of Completion. Upon meeting the program requirements, you will receive an official certificate of completion.
- Letter of Recommendation. Receive a letter outlining the skills developed through TLI. This can be used when apply for jobs, internships, as well as campus or community organizations!
- Leadership Coaching. During TLI, you will have the opportunity to meet with a member of Maryland LEAD to receive personalized coaching. This serves a great way to hone your leadership skills, receive important feedback, and learn more about yourself as a leader. Coaching provides the best way for you to get the most from your TLI experience.
- Resume Workshop. Following TLI, you will be offered a session on the best way to include TLI on your resume and how to best communicate the learning and knowledge gained through TLI.
Before completing your registration, please confirm you availability to attend session dates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
**You will receive a confirmation email upon completing your application**