SDMA Mentorship General Application 2019-2020
The Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs (SDMA) Welcomes you to Loyola University Chicago!
We are excited that you are applying to one of the mentorship programs in our department. We believe this will be a valuable experience and resource for you as you begin your journey here at Loyola University Chicago. SDMA offers 3 Mentorship experiences such as Brothers for Excellence (B4E), Loyola University Chicago Empowering Sisterhood (LUCES), and Students Together Are Reaching Success (STARS). Each of these programs provide a community and safe space for Men of Color, Women of Color, and First Generation/Students of Color to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally! Interested students will only be able to apply for 1 mentorship experience and if you are selected you will only be offered one mentorship experience. By doing this, our department seeks to better serve the needs of each mentorship program and increase opportunities for students to find the right mentorship family.
SDMA Mentorship Requirements
- All selected participants will be required to enroll in one of the SDMA UNIV 101 courses that correlate to your primary mentorship program of choice. This class is a general requirement for all incoming first year students. This unique opportunity allows for SDMA mentees to build community within the other students who are also apart of the mentorship experience.
- Selected students must allow SDMA staff to access your academic and financial records in order to provide support and direct connections to resources that will help you be successful.
Please read and review the following:
- UPDATED! Priority Application Deadline is Sunday, July 21, 2019 before 11:00 p.m. (SDMA Strongly recommends this deadline)
- UPDATED! General Application Deadline is Sunday, August 4, 2019 before 11:00 p.m.
- Click here, to review SDMA Mentorship Participation Guidelines which outline the expectations of all mentorship participants.
- Click here, to visit our website for more information on the SDMA Mentorship Experience.
For more information on the the specific mentorship programs, please click below:
- Brothers for Excellence (B4E) - open to incoming first years or transfer Mxn of Color students
- Loyola University Chicago Empowering Sisterhood (LUCES) - open to incoming first years or transfer Womxn of Color students
- Students Together Are Reaching Success (STARS) - open to incoming first year Students of Color and/or First Generation students. (Transfer students can not apply to STARS).