SDMA Leader General Application 2019
The Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs (SDMA) would like to welcome you to the application process of becoming an SDMA Leader. Through the SDMA Leader General Application Loyola students can apply for multiple positions in SDMA by submitting one application. All selected SDMA Leaders will join a specific team of student leaders which is composed of 16 STARS Mentors, 2 STARS Interns, 6 LUCES Scholars, 6 Brothers for Excellence (B4E) Mentors, 2 Empowerment Pipeline Interns, 2 Undocumented Student Programming (USP) Interns and 3 LGBTQIA (Q) Scholars. If you apply for more than one position, you will only be offered one position, should you be selected. By accepting any of the positions listed above, you are agreeing to uphold all SDMA mission and values, and also attend all student-leader training, and in-services.
Please read through the following information carefully as it pertains to all of the SDMA Leader positions for the academic year beginning Thursday, August 22, 2019 and ending Friday, April 24, 2020. If you have any questions or concerns, please email James Thomas at email@example.com.
Review important dates for the application process:
- Priority deadline for SDMA Leader Applications is Friday, March 1, 2019 (applicants are prioritized in the recruitment process)
- Final deadline for SDMA Leader Applications is Wednesday, March 6, 2019 by 12 PM
- First time applicants: A Recommendation form must be completed by one Loyola faculty, staff, or employed student-leader (It is optional to have more than one recommender complete a form for you.)
- Recommendations are due by Wednesday, March 6, 2019 before 12 PM
- Interview Notification for candidates are Friday, March 8, 2019 by 5 PM
- Interviews will be scheduled between Monday, March 19 and Friday, March 29, 2019
- Applicants will be offered positions on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
SDMA Leader Eligibility
- Must have at least 1 full year of SDMA Leader experience to apply for the STARS Intern position
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for STARS Applicants, and 2.5 GPA for all other positions (please note that grade checks will occur at the beginning of each semester)
- Work study is strongly encouraged for the following SDMA Leader positions: STARS Intern and Empowerment Pipeline Intern
- Completion of at least two semesters of study at Loyola when the position starts in 2019
- In good standing with the university
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with the unique experience of the student populations served in respective programs
The SDMA staff strongly advises you to review each of the job descriptions before applying for positions. Each position has a different set of job duties and responsibilities. Click Here to review the folowing position descriptions: STARS Mentor, STARS Intern, LUCES Scholar, Brothers for Excellence (B4E) Mentor, LGBTQIA Scholar, Undocumented Student Programming Interns & Empowerment Pipeline Interns. Also, access the recorded Info Session here!