SDMA Leader General Application 2018
The Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs (SDMA) would like to welcome you to the application process of becoming an SDMA Leader. Through the SDMA Leader General Application Loyola students can apply for multiple positions in SDMA by submitting one application. All selected SDMA Leaders will join a specific team of student leaders which is composed of 16 STARS Mentors, 2 STARS Interns, 6 LUCES Scholars, 6 Brothers for Excellence (B4E) Mentors, 2 Empowerment Pipeline Interns, and 2 LGBTQIA (Q) Scholars. If you apply for more than one position, you will only be offered one position, should you be selected. By accepting any of the positions listed above, you are agreeing to uphold all SDMA mission and values, and also attend all student-leader training, and in-services.
Please read through the following information carefully as it pertains to all of the SDMA Leader positions for the academic year beginning Thursday, August 23, 2018 and ending Friday, April 26, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Naseeb Bhangal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review important dates for the application process:
- Priority deadline for SDMA Leader Applications is Friday, March 2, 2018 (applicants are prioritized in the recruitment process)
- Final deadline for SDMA Leader Applications is Wednesday, March 7, 2018 by 12 PM
- First time applicants: A Recommendation form must be completed by one Loyola faculty, staff, or employed student-leader PER POSITION (If you are interested in more than 1 position, please ensure that you have 1 recommender per position. If you are only interested in 1 position then you only need 1 recommendation form.)
- Recommendations are due by Wednesday, March 7, 2018 before 12 PM
- Interview Notification for candidates are Friday, March 9, 2018 by 5 PM
- Interviews will be scheduled between Monday, March 19 and Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- Applicants will be offered positions on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
SDMA Leader Eligibility
- Must have at least 1 full year of SDMA Leader experience to apply for the STARS Intern position
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for STARS Applicants, and 2.5 GPA for all other positions (please note that grade checks will occur at the beginning of each semester)
- Work study is strongly encouraged for the following SDMA Leader positions: STARS Intern and Empowerment Pipeline Intern
- Completion of at least two semesters of study at Loyola when the position starts in 2018
- In good standing with the university
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with the unique experience of the student populations served in respective programs
The SDMA staff strongly advises you to review each of the job descriptions before applying for positions. Each position has a different set of job duties and responsibilities. Click Here to review the Job Descriptions of the following positions: STARS Mentor, STARS Intern, LUCES Scholar, Brothers for Excellence (B4E) Mentor, LGBTQIA Scholar, & Empowerment Pipeline Interns.