Interfraternity Council Judicial Board Application 2017-2018
The Interfraternity Council Judicial Board will be a group of selected undergraduate members of the fraternity community to adjudicate matters pertaining to the organization violations of the university policy and the fraternity community governing documents. Members of the Interfraternity Council Judicial Board will undergo mandatory Student Accountability Board (SAB) training prior to being eligible to partake in a hearing.
Application due date: November 16th at 11:59pm
Expectations and Responsibilities:
• Must be an initiated member of an Interfraternity Council member chapter or associate member chapter.
• Participate in all required trainings.
• Must be available to attend SAB trainings during Fall 2017 and sign up for at least one SAB hearing per month (always Friday 12-3 pm).
• Be familiar with, abide by, and promote the Interfraternity Council constitution and bylaws, FIPG policies by Interfraternity Council chapters 'sub rosa' or otherwise, and other Student Conduct policies and procedures of the University of Denver.
• Available to review council complaints within 30 days and attend Judicial Board Hearings with 5 days notice.
• Ensure that all fraternity disciplinary matters are handled professionally, with guaranteed due process, and are geared towards educational outcomes rather than punitive sanctions and loss of privileges.
• Maintain confidentiality of all council and judicial matters, including complaints, arbitration, and hearings.
• Be a member in good standing of your fraternity.
• Be an active participant in your collegiate chapter.
• Be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student with a minimum of 12 units per quarter.
• Achieve and maintain a 2.5 academic term GPA.
• Be in good academic and disciplinary standing within the University of Denver.