Reflection: External Relations
It is important for each chapter to have a positive image with its various publics, including inter/national organization, alumni, parents, and community members. Chapters should be proactive in disseminating accurate and positive information about the fraternity/sorority experience.
So your plan has been created, revised (maybe), and now you are coming out of your officer term. Here are some questions you can ask yourself about the past year:
- What kind of impact did you have within your chapter?
- How will that impact be sustained?
- What suggestions do you have for future officers?
- What are you most proud of?
- What do you wish you could have done?
Use this time to critically reflect over the last year. Critically reflecting will help to provide for a smoother transition and greater success for the person moving into this position. [15 points]
Documentation includes a written reflection on the success of your action plan, not to exceed three pages. This reflection should detail the ways in which your chapter has achieved the outcomes detailed in this priority area (see section below). [Due]
Chapter does not need to submit documentation for the following. These outcomes will be verified by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life as indicated in the Community Service and Philanthropy Report (but please be sure the chapter’s achievement of these outcomes is addressed in the reflection).
- The chapter has made improvements towards having a positive image and building relationships with its various publics. [5 points]